Monday, April 5, 2010

Rain

today was absolutely gorgeous, but a little cloudy as I was walking towards Sofoho to grab some food. I ended up taking just some water and as I was about to head back to my room, I noticed that the boy walking in front of me towards the door stopped outside the door. It wasn't until I opened the door did i realize that it was pouring outside. i decided to stay at sofoho for a little bit, thinking it would pass quickly. i stood under the archway to sofoho outside and watched the rain. everytime it rains, i look for rainbow, because it has always been a sign from God that everything would be okay, and I really needed some reassurance, especially after Saturday. I thought about her words, her outbursts of anger. they were like rain on a partly cloudy. sometimes you could see the rain coming, sometimes the rain was light, sometimes it poured. eventually, the rain dries up, but as i walked back, it was still lightly sprinkling. the sand and dirt near the construction area was now mud, the grass was mushy to walk through, and I had to be extra careful as to where i stepped. The cement walkway under beau turned to a dark gray. eventually the rain dries up as though it were never there, but the effects of it last forever. eventually, i will heal, but the scars stay. right after it rains, that's when the effects are the most apparent. maybe it was time for some rain, maybe i'd had too much sun. but i hate getting wet. sometimes there is no warning. sometimes ignore the weather forecast. next time, i'm wearing a raincoat, rainboots, and carrying an umbrella. i'll protect myself as best as I can, but if the rain is torrential, the kind that doesn't just fall down, but hits you from the sides, then i don't want to go outside. not for now, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment